- Please stop taking any herbal supplements or remedies 2 weeks prior to your surgery, as some of these supplements can lead to serious complications, such as bleeding, during and after your surgery.
- For any IV sedation procedure you are to arrive “NPO” – The Latin abbreviation for “nothing per mouth”. So please Do NOT eat anything for six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- In special circumstances you may be allowed to drink clear liquids, such as water, all the way up to 3 hours prior to surgery – PLEASE ASK DR. Massoomi!
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking 2 MONTHS prior to any surgery in order to reduce any post-operative complications.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following any surgery with sedation or while on narcotic pain medication.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to surgery. We may either delay your surgery or even provide you with additional medications for your cold!
- If you take medications given to you by your primary care MD doctor, please check with Dr. Massoomi first prior to your surgical date for instructions. In general it is recommended to take your medications as scheduled with a small glass of water, however in special circumstances you may be asked to stop certain prescriptions.
CLICK TO CALLHOW IT WORKS
Note: 800 Numbers are not allowed
- Enter your Phone Number, area code first
- Enter your Extension - if applicable
- Select Office
- Click "Call Now"
- You will receive a call, then you will be connected to our office